(as of Oct 20,2019 00:24:10 UTC – Details)
Start developing with Oracle SQL. This book is a one-stop introduction to everything you need to know about getting started developing an Oracle Database. You’ll learn about foundational concepts, setting up a simple schema, adding data, reading data from the database, and making changes. No experience with databases is required to get started. Examples in the book are built around Oracle Live SQL, a freely available, online sandbox for practicing and experimenting with SQL statements, and Oracle Express Edition, a free version of Oracle Database that is available for download.
Author Ben Brumm begins by helping you understand what a database is, and getting you set up with a sandbox in which to practice the SQL that you are learning. From there, easily digestible chapters cover, point-by-point, the different aspects of writing queries to get data out of a database. You’ll also learn about creating tables and getting data into the database. Crucial topics such as working with nulls and writing analytic queries are given the attention they deserve, helping you to avoid pitfalls when writing queries for production use.
- Create, update, and delete tables in an Oracle database
- Add, update, delete data from those database tables
- Query and view data stored in your database
- Manipulate and transform data using in-built database functions and features
- Correctly choose when to use Oracle-specific syntax and features